Content Strategy & Information ArchitectureMonigle contracted me to assist with Vertex Pharmaceutical's corporate global site redesign. The redesign was to be modern and showcase a more conversational tone that focused on the company's scientific innovation and their dedication to improving patient's lives. My role was to evaluate and redesign the entire information architecture as well as outline the overall content strategy goals for the new website.
Team: Monigle (Denver, CO)
Date: March 2020 - Feb 2021
Role: Content Strategist
Collaborated With: Senior UX/UI Designer, Digital Project Managers, Director of Verbal Expression, Client Lead Copywriter, Client Associate Director of Brand & Digital Communications, other client stakeholders
Tools Used: InVision, Office Suite, Miro
- Information Architecture: Total content analysis and restructuring the IA of a large pharmaceutical company's website
- Conduct industry specific research to determine content placement and strategy
- Ensure user journey flows across the site are intuitive and informative
- Robust content outline with over 75 individual pages of content mapped out
- Sitemap with updated navigation options
- User journey maps
- Research presentations on industry standards
Content Architecture & Page Navigation:
Design Challenge Workflow
One of the biggest challenges with the site redesign was the content architecture of the navigation and the page content. The navigation was inconsistent and information was often buried under sub-navigation tabs. There was also a large amount of content that was repeated under various navigation sections which lead to a very confusing and repetitive user experience.
Scroll through the images below to view delivered user journeys and a comparison of the current navigation and my accepted redesign.
Expected Site Launch Date: Fall 2021